Skillnet is a specialist provider of Apprenticeships in the automotive sector. Operating nationally, each year we manage the training for more than 4000 people. We run the national Apprenticeship Programmes for Ford, McLaren, DAF Trucks as well as programmes for independent motor businesses.
We are looking for a Skills Coach- Assessor to join our team! This is a great time to join Skillnet if you are seeking a challenging and rewarding career. You'll be joining an ambitious environment with high achievers who are passionate about Skillnet, the industry and their careers. Think about it, you'll work with great like-minded people, and receive constant investment in your training and development.
Overall Job Purpose
A Skills Coach plays a key role in working with both employers and learners in the achievement of Level 2 & 3 apprenticeship frameworks in a number of technical and non-technical areas, together with the requirement to further develop and create further opportunities within all Skillnet programmes.
Key tasks and accountabilities
Technical - Heavy Vehicle, Light Vehicle.
All requirements of the role of Skills Coach are delivered in accordance with established Skillnet procedures.
- Recruitment of new learners to employer apprentice schemes.
- Conducting thorough work place induction for all new learners.
- Visiting learners in the work place to carry out workplace reviews, assessments, gather evidence, assess progress, observe work practices and update learner records.
- Inform, guide and advise as necessary regarding training, welfare and discipline.
- Conduct Health & Safety monitoring and vetting of employers to ensure adequate facilities, insurance and appropriate compliance with statutory Health & Safety requirements.
- Monitor the frequency, content and consistency of learner reviews and assessment over multiple site contracts.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with employers, and awarding bodies.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- GCSE in English, Maths, IT or equivalent (Functional Skills will be assessed as part of the recruitment process)
- TAQA Certificate or equivalent (Assessor and Units)
- Good organisational skills with a methodical approach to managing caseload. Excellent communication skills with the ability to coach, support and develop learners to complete apprenticeship programme(s).
- Working knowledge and understanding of awarding body requirements.
- Responsive, with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
This job description describes (but does not limit) the main duties and responsibilities of the job. These are subject to variation by Skillnet as is necessary to respond to changes to the business, both internal and external.
We offer a competitive benefits package plus further development and training with this opportunity.
- Company Car/ Car Allowance (dependent on role)
- 25 Days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Death in Service
- Private Medical (opt in after successful completion of probation)
Skillnet has recently launched a new benefits package, the new package includes incremental annual leave entitlement of up to 10 weeks per annum, long weekends, Charity day off, anniversary bonuses and membership of a perks reward and recognition scheme.
Skillnet is GDPR compliant, please click on the link provided to our website to view our privacy notice for Job Applicants.
Job Title: Skills Coach HV/LV
Location: Various Locations
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Salary: £28,000 - £30,000